Friday 28 January 2011

Getting to Know Your Camera

Time to read the manual again. Most of this was familiar to me, but I realised that I had previously skipped / ignored a few bits, mainly the section about White Balance. As I read and realised that there is a great deal of flexability on the D90, I remembered all those photos I had taken where I just couldn't get the colour right. It's so simple to do too. It really was worth reading the manual if only for this.

I was also reminded of a few other features such as bracketing, that I'd experimented with before, but had faded from the memory.

Metering was another section that was worth re-reading. My camera seems to have been set to spot metering for ages. Again, more experimenting needed.

Reading the manual also started a shopping list - a battery for the remote shutter release. At least it wasn't anything expensive!

Tomorrow morning will see the first exercise - Focal Length and Angle of View

No comments:

Post a Comment